Tuesday 31 July 2012

Boldly Going to the Next Level

With the advent of 6th, many people will have looked at their armies, and said. Man that (outflanking guard army) doesn’t work anymore. I’d better get re-arranging my plastic crack!

May I present, the newly promoted Wesley Crusher:

Upgraded to platoon Sergeant, this plot hero now sports a plasma pistol, and a lightsaber. Which, since the codex says “power weapon” will count as a power axe, as he will be striking after space marines anyway, and they are his main target. At least to begin with, we will have to see how it goes. In other news, I am getting back in the saddle and playing some games tomorrow, against Dark Eldar and some form of Dark Angels. I think Ian said Deathwing. Eurgh.

I have also spent the last couple of weeks painting up some heavy weapons bases. My army consists of a lot of pinning weaponry, and the ability to blast snipe. So there are at least some of the mortars I intend to use. The heavy weapons base is great because if you have spare bases you can get 9 heavy weapons out of one box. 3 missile launchers, and either use the mortar stands for mortars or for one of the other weapons. So long as you have some spare guys lying around, you should have enough bodies for the missiles, and from there its a dream! Anyways, pics below - quite pleased with the freehand on the lascannons:

No comments:

Post a Comment